The Zao-SH is an H.265 HEVC encoder that can be used in a variety of video contribution scenarios from broadcast for news gathering to public safety, law enforcement and military application. It can be utilized to send an encrypted live stream from a broadcast or surveillance camera, drone, vehicle, body cam or helicopter.
The Zao-SH can send a fully encrypted live stream, but simultaneously a return data feed can be sent from the destination back to the Zao-S, for example to control a PTZ camera or to control a drone gimbal remotely.
The Zao-SH can live stream reliably over multiple bonded 4G SIM cards from different network providers, and /or can be utilized with a LAN connector.
At the receiving end, a Linux based software decoder will provide a video output of the live video. End to end latency starts at a remarkable 35ms.
• Utilizes RASCOW2 for optimization of video quality based on available bandwidth
- New Uplink protocol updated from RASCOW for better performance
- Multilink and Lower Latency
- Fault tolerance mode – Lower Latency, but requires bandwidth
- Load balancing mode – Slightly Longer Latency, requires less bandwidth
• Ultra Low Latency
- Glass to Glass 35ms latency at minimum
• Encrypted live streaming over multiple bonded 4g SIM cards and /or LAN port
• Support Serial Tunneling - return feed for serial control eg PTZ or drone gimbal
• New GPU Decoder
- Newly Linux based decoder
- 1 Channel Receiver /Planning for 4 Channel
- Required Ubuntu workstation:
- HP Z4G4 + NVIDIA RTX4000 (+BMD Decklink Pro 8K)
- Point to Point connection (no cloud subscription required)
- Decoder must have fixed IP address
- UDP port :TBD (current version is same as Zao-S)
- Support Serial Tunneling
- Same implementation as Zao-S and HDView
- Remote control use case
Remote Driving (Actuator for connected car)